Best Well-Paying Remote Jobs in the US
Although not a new phenomenon, remote jobs have gained considerable popularity since the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020, which saw tens of millions of people leaving the office and working their jobs from the safety and convenience of their homes. As the United States workforce has gone back to normal, many employers are still opting to keep their employees at home. And some new jobs are completely remote.
In the United States, the cost of living depends drastically on where you are located throughout the 50 states. But the average monthly living expenses for a single person are $3,189––or a little over $38,000 per year. Having a job in the US is essential. Having a well-paying remote job in the US is becoming even more beneficial.
In this article, we’ll tell you the top skills remote employers are looking for, as well as tips for applying to remote jobs, and the most in-demand, well-paying online jobs in the US available right now.
The Top Skills Employers Look for in a Remote Worker
For job candidates with experience in the financial, business, tech, or e-commerce industries, and for those who also possess the skills necessary to collect and effectively analyze a company’s data to gain useful insights, businesses in the United States are looking to fill in-person and remote positions.
The most in-demand positions in The U.S. and beyond are computer-based. Graphic Designers possess skills and technical flair that help them to produce creative work for all types of businesses. And, provided they are equipped with the right design software, their jobs can be easily completed from anywhere.
Remote workers with proficiency in writing for various computer programs, including HTML code, CSS, and Java, are essential and very much in demand throughout the country. Many companies with an online presence need Web Developers who can get the job done right –– even from home.
As the digital age continues to produce advancements, cybercriminals are learning to access online data and personal information. As such, cyber security skills, which involve knowing how to protect computer systems and networks from theft, are in high demand and well-paid.
IT jobs are some of the most in-demand positions everywhere –– but especially remotely. That’s because qualified candidates with computer and technical problem-solving skills can work from just about anywhere for just about any company.
Writing skills aren’t the easiest to learn from scratch, however, there is certainly training available to help job seekers better craft sellable copy for various businesses. Remote copywriting is one of the most in-demand positions anywhere in the world.
Project management skills are vital for many reasons –– mainly because they are all-encompassing skills that include organization and efficiency above all. Many businesses rely on Project Managers to remotely lead their teams to success.
Whether you’re looking to enter the travel, retail, tourism, or hospitality industries, having exceptional customer service skills, like a friendly and helpful demeanor, will help tremendously –– even if you are doing your work from home.
Tips for Applying to Remote Jobs in The United States
Getting a remote job in The United States is no more complicated than getting an in-person job. The difference is your willingness to adapt. Here are some helpful tips before you begin your search:
- Consider if remote work is really for you: this might sound like a no-brainer, but it’s one of the most important factors. Do you thrive in group settings? Are you more introverted and tend to do your best work solo? Do you have pets or children that would benefit from you being at home every workday? Make a list of your pros and cons before you start applying.
- Know what employers are looking for in a remote worker: these types of businesses tend to value three qualities above all else: trustworthiness, reliability, and candidates with a passion for work. If you fit these criteria, you’re already heads above the competition.
- Spend some extra time proving you’re great: Again, remote jobs are just like in-office jobs in that you need a great resume and cover letter –– as well as a reliable and strong internet connection. Brush up on those interview skills and gather some great references to let employers know why you’re the right candidate for the job.
- Find the right job board that advertises remote-only jobs: everybody needs a little help with their remote job search, so consider some of the best online job boards in the U.S. that specialize in remote work placement:
The Best Well-Paying Remote Jobs in The United States
- Top companies hiring: Regeneron, Church & Dwight, Delta Airlines
- Salary range: $116,000 – 131,000 per year
- Skills required: Communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving, decision making
- Job description: Information Technology managers develop and implement technology plans for businesses. These well-paying remote roles are valued by government agencies, non-profit organizations, and private companies to ensure their networks are current and maintained efficiently.
Browse IT Manager jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: AT&T, Veeva, Synergistic
- Salary range: $80,000 – 112,000 per year
- Skills required: SQL, critical thinking, data visualization, programming languages
- Job description: Using deep learning and machine learning techniques to organize information for start-ups and other firms, a Data Analyst is a valuable player –– even when working remotely –– in just about any organization.
Browse Data Analyst jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: UpWork, Haven Technologies, Motorola
- Salary range: $90,000 – 136,000 per year
- Skills required: Cloud computing, Python, Java, problem-solving
- Job description: Front-End Developers can work in-person or remotely to develop user-friendly mobile and web-based applications for companies with a digital focus, or just for businesses that offer customers any type of service via a website. Like many programming or computer development jobs, these can be done just about anywhere.
Browse Front-End Developer jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: Insight Global, Cogniac, Adobe, Hewlett-Packard
- Salary range: $85,000 – 120,000 per year
- Skills required: Prototyping, agile, information architecture, visual design
- Job description: Arguably one of the most important roles for any company with a website, UX Designers use computer design programs to facilitate easier functionality so that customers can best navigate a desktop or mobile purchasing journey.
Browse UX Designer jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: Edward Jones, The Piedmont Group, Cetera Investors
- Salary range: $99,000 – 180,000 per year
- Skills required: Research, mathematics, analytical, negotiation
- Job description: Financial advisors are responsible for helping clients to budget and manage their money using up-to-date strategic thinking and other high-level skills. More and more often, these roles are moving outside of the banks and into remote environments.
Browse Financial Advisor jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: Aquent, UpWork, CBRE
- Salary range: $60,000 – 100,000 per year
- Skills required: Visual design, computer design, creativity
- Job description: Using the latest design tools and software, Graphic Designers are tasked with creating effective billboards, signage, and other consumer-facing advertising materials in the hopes of encouraging the sale of products or services.
Browse Graphic Designer jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: MediaVine, Twilio, Gate One
- Salary range: $80,000 – 112,000 per year
- Skills required: Leadership skills, organization, technical skills, problem-solving
- Job description: Since so many companies require solid marketing strategy work and effective team leads to increase their profits, these well-paying, remote management roles are in very high demand throughout the US.
Browse Marketing Manager jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: Autodesk, U.S. Bank National, Thomson Reuters
- Salary range: $95,000 – 140,000 per year
- Skills required: Computer programming, languages, problem-solving
- Job description: These important roles utilize computer languages to create new software programs for companies, while also managing the efficient operations of existing software.
Browse Software Engineer jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: OmniTech Medical, Aston Carter, Appen
- Salary range: $38,000 – 81,000 per year
- Skills required: Writing, transcription, organization
- Job description: Translator roles are in high demand and almost fully or partially remote because of the versatility and flexible nature of the job. If you can speak and translate even one additional language than English, you can find remote work in the US.
Browse Translator jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: T-Mobile, Fidelity Investment, Deloitte
- Salary range: $58,000 – 92,000 per year
- Skills required: Writing, analytical, communication
- Job description: Whether writing radio or television scripts, crafting white pages, or coming up with the next great product jingle or tagline, copywriters are essential to any business with something to sell to the public.
Browse Copywriter jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: Oliver Agency, Dunnes Stores, Wix
- Salary range: €48,000 – 80,000 per year
- Skills required: Medical training, analytical thinking, personability
- Job description: Psychiatry focuses on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders in patients. And, fortunately, thanks to the advent of video calling, it is now possible (and often preferred) to perform remotely.
Browse Psychiatrist jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: Discovery Behavioral Health, CompHealth, LifeStance
- Salary range: $150,000 – 280,000 per year
- Skills required: Communication skills, time management, organization, negotiating
- Job description: Also known as Human Resources (HR) Recruiters, these specialist roles are instrumental in sourcing, interviewing, and hiring the best talent possible to fill any role in any organization. They are the reason companies are staffed, and, since COVID-19, they are mostly conducted remotely.
Browse Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: Accord Group, Church & Dwight, TikTok
- Salary range: $75,000 – 100,000 per year
- Skills required: Management, problem-solving, and communication
- Job description: Project Managers oversee the planning and allocation of resources for a company; they also prepare budgets, monitor spending, and ensure overall efficiency throughout a project’s life cycle.
Browse Project Manager jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: TikTok, Meta, Twitter
- Salary range: $41,000 – 67,000 per year
- Skills required: Content curation, communication, marketing
- Job description: A massively in-demand skill within the digital and e-tail industries, social media marketing helps spread the word about a company’s products or services to millions of content-hungry followers around the globe.
Browse Social Media Specialist jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
- Top companies hiring: Wing Assistant, Farmers Insurance Group, Aston Carter
- Salary range: $28,000 – 52,000 per year
- Skills required: Communication, technical skills, negotiation
- Job description: Countless businesses across the country need telemarketers to help grow their sales figures. These jobs are perfect for remote candidates because of the flexibility and limited training and experience required. If you can sell over the phone, you can expect to find work easily.
Browse Telemarketer jobs in The U.S. on GrabJobs
Remote-First Companies Based in The United States
This open-core software company develops a DevOps Platform that is used by tens of thousands of companies all over the world––and they are fully remote and offer a flexible, asynchronous working style that employees love.
Learn more at gitlab.com
This San Francisco-based company is made up of 1,100 remote employees working within a variety of different fields and skill sets––engineering, design, sales, and marketing––on a dozen different products.
Learn more at automatic.com
One of the most prominent and popular design platforms for UX/UI designers, Sketch is a remote company that has been hiring creative, strategic, and digital thinkers since 2010.
Learn more at sketch.com