Table of Contents
Let’s face it, everyone wants to spend more time with their kids and families. This is even more so in today’s society, where everyone is stressed. So, if you’d like to escape the corporate grind and have more freedom, then now might be a time to look for a stay-at-home mom job. With such a job, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to work when and where you want. This means you can spend as much time with your family as you’d like.
With that in mind, let’s look at some of the best work-from-home jobs for moms in the Philippines and where you can find them.
How Can You Make Money From Home as a Mom?
The first question we should address is: What opportunities are available for you when you’re looking to embark on a journey as a mom working from home? Fortunately, there are numerous paths you can take to generate an income while balancing motherhood from the comfort of your home. Here are some options:
- Starting your own business. If it’s freedom and flexibility you’re after, starting your own business is probably your best option. When you run your own business, you can work whenever you want, for as many hours as you want, and wherever you want. And you’ll have flexibility in the type of business you’d like to run. Here, the options are almost endless, and you can consider starting your own online store, selling products you make yourself either online or in stores, or even creating your own blog where you’ll then be able to make money through advertising.
- Getting a work-from-home job. Sure, running your own business does give you the freedom and flexibility, but it’s not all good news, though. There are some significant drawbacks. For one, you’ll also have the risk of non-payment. In other words, you might do some work or deliver a product and not get paid. Moreover, starting a business isn’t free. You’ll need to spend some money to start your business, and initially, you probably won’t make enough money to pay your bills. Because of this, you can also consider finding a work-from-home job to earn money as a stay-at-home mom. Here, the possibilities are also endless, especially since remote working is becoming increasingly popular. So, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a position that works for you.
Keep in mind that these are just two of the most popular options, and there are other ways in which you can make money working from home. It all depends on your circumstances, needs, and expectations.
What Jobs Can You Do as a Stay-at-Home Mom?
Now that we’ve explored various avenues for earning an income from home, let’s look at the top work-from-home job opportunities for moms.
Data entry is one of the most popular entry-level jobs. As such, you won’t need any special qualifications or education. As such, it’s also quite easy to get into. When you’re a data entry specialist, you’ll gather and extract data from one source and input it into another. A good example of this is when a company uses data entry specialists to import invoice data into their company systems.
- Average salary: As a data entry specialist, you can earn about ₱30,000 per month.
- Companies hiring: Microsourcing, Infinit-O Manila, Cloudstaff.
- Skills needed: Accuracy, consistency, speed.
When you’re employed as a writer, you’ll do all types of writing for businesses and other organizations. This includes everything from sales copy to articles, blog posts white papers, video scripts, and a lot more. And you’ll get paid well for doing it. This makes freelance writing one of the best and easiest work-from-home jobs for moms. Moreover, you don’t need any qualifications or credentials to enter because the barrier to entry is quite low. Moreover, there are a lot of these jobs available on freelancing platforms, job sites, and blogs.
- Average salary: As a writer, you’ll earn between ₱25,000 and ₱30,000 per month.
- Companies hiring: Holistic SEO Digital, Be Global E-Commerce Corporation, D+C Magazine
- Skills needed: English and language skills, writing, spelling, and grammar.
As a proofreader or editor, your job will be to edit and correct the writing produced by writers. This might involve correcting any spelling or grammatical errors or improving the writing to make it more readable and engaging. And, considering that content is becoming increasingly popular as a marketing strategy, there is an increased demand for writers.
- Average salary: As an Editor, you’ll earn about ₱25,000 per month.
- Companies hiring: Aecom, Lexis Nexis, Willis Towers Watson
- Skills needed: Writing and language skills.
Online tutors help students better understand and perform better in all kinds of subjects including math, science, and many others. If you have any specific skills or expert knowledge in something, like, for instance, playing an instrument, you can even teach students that.
Apart from the subjects mentioned earlier, online English tutoring is also becoming increasingly popular. This is because many countries want to improve the English-speaking skills of their citizens. In turn, this presents quite a few opportunities to earn money at home.
- Average salary: As an online tutor or teacher, you can earn about ₱25,000 per month.
- Companies hiring: Course Hero, Airclass, Your Tutorial Center.
- Skills needed: Communication, empathy, patience.
As part of their normal business processes and workflows, many companies have repetitive, manual tasks. These take a lot of time, which then impacts the efficiency and productivity of their teams. Because of this, these companies will typically use virtual assistants to help them with tasks such as scheduling meetings, managing emails, filing documents, and more. And, like many of the other jobs on this list, you don’t need any specific qualifications to get a job as a virtual assistant.
- Average salary: Virtual assistants earn, on average, about ₱25,000 per month.
- Companies hiring: Coverdesk, WorkTab, Cyberbacker
- Skills needed: Administrative skills, accuracy, time-management.
Digital marketing is playing an increasingly important role nowadays. Many businesses rely on it to generate awareness about their brand or products. In turn, social media marketing plays an essential role as part of an effective digital marketing strategy. It allows businesses to interact and engage with their customers on all the popular social media platforms. And, because these platforms have massive user bases, it gives businesses far more reach. As a social media manager, you’ll be responsible for these businesses’ social media marketing campaigns.
- Average salary: As a social media manager, you’ll be able to earn about ₱25,000 per month.
- Companies hiring: Needle Z Tattoo Studio, Nebulabs Corporation, Mec Networks Corporation.
- Skills needed: Communication skills, writing, language.
As a transcriptionist, you’ll turn audio into words. For instance, at a company, they might record a board meeting. You’ll then be responsible for transcribing the audio and turning it into text. Transcriptionists can work in several different fields, from healthcare to legal and even general transcription. Keep in mind that, while you don’t need any special qualifications or education to become a transcriptionist, you’ll need to be fast and accurate at typing.
- Average salary: As a transcriptionist, you’ll earn about ₱25,000 per month.
- Companies hiring: When you’d like to become a transcriptionist, your best option would be to deliver your services on one of the online transcription platforms like Rev or GoTranscript.
- Skills needed: Writing and language skills, fast and accurate typing.
How do companies know that their customers will enjoy using their website or app? That’s where QA or Quality Assurance testers come in. As a quality assurance tester, you’ll typically receive a list of tasks from a developer that you’ll need to perform on their app or website. You will then give feedback on how the features work and how user-friendly they are. Based on this feedback, the developers will then make changes.
- Average salary: As a QA Tester, you can earn about ₱30,000 per month.
- Companies hiring: Palo Alto Insight, We Are Testers, Appen.
- Skills needed: Accuracy, diligence, and ability to follow clear instructions.
Most companies use bookkeepers to help them manage their day-to-day finances. This means bookkeepers help them manage their expense and their income. They also generate and pay invoices and, when recording transactions, ensure that all accounting principles are adhered to. Therefore, as a bookkeeper, you will have an important role in the success of the business. Because of this, you’ll likely need qualifications in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Average salary: As a bookkeeper, you’ll earn about ₱25,000 per month.
- Companies hiring: Bookkippers Hub, Cyzerg Philippines Technology, Times Business Consultancy.
- Skills needed: Accuracy, Accounting, Mathematics.
Most companies need the services of a graphic designer in some way or another, whether it’s for producing logos to use on their websites and stationery or other digital assets, such as images, that they can use on their promotional and marketing materials. If you have a flair for creativity, becoming a graphic designer might thus be a viable option for you. Like many of the other WFH mom jobs on this list, becoming a graphic designer doesn’t require any special qualifications or credentials. But it’s important to remember that you need the right equipment and software. So, if you are going to be a freelancer, this might involve some upfront investment
- Average salary: As a graphic designer, you can expect to earn about ₱35,000 per month.
- Companies hiring: Alpha Gaming Arcade, Leisure & Resorts World Corporation, Bigcat Software Solutions.
- Skills needed: Creativity, time management skills.
Where to Find WFH Jobs for Moms in the Philippines?
We’ve now reviewed some of the best jobs available for those wishing to work from home as moms in the Philippines. The next question is: Where can you find these top work-from-home jobs for moms in the Philippines? Luckily, there are several resources at your disposal.
Online Job Boards
- Grabjobs. It’s one of the Philippines’ largest and most popular job search engines. It provides jobseekers like you with the best selection of part-time, remote, and work-from-home jobs in the country. When you’d like to use the platform to find a job, it’s easy to register, apply for jobs, and you can even engage with employers and interview online. Simply put, it’s one of the most reliable and easiest ways to find the best stay-at-home mom jobs in the Philippines.
- Glassdoor. Glassdoor is one of the most popular and well-known job sites in the world. It offers thousands of job opportunities to jobseekers around the world, As a result, it attracts thousands of jobseekers and companies who advertise jobs. In addition, the platform also provides a library of career resources, including advice and guidance, company reviews, salary information, and more.
- Indeed. Indeed, is also one of the more popular job sites in the world. It also offers thousands of job opportunities to jobseekers around the world. This makes it the perfect place to find stay-at-home mom jobs in the Philippines. The platform also offers many career resources and information.
- Monster. Monster is a natural competitor to Indeed and Glassdoor. It’s also well-known and features tons of jobs for jobseekers around the world. This means it offers plenty of credible, well-paying, stay-at-home mum jobs in the Philippines. In addition to its job listings, you’ll also find a wealth of other career resources and information.
Social Media Platforms
Apart from the job sites mentioned earlier, you can also use social media platforms to find work-from-home jobs for moms. LinkedIn is arguably one, if not the, most popular social media network for finding jobs.
Actually, it’s mainly a professional networking site, but many companies use it for their recruitment efforts. The platform makes it easy to join, upload your resume, and apply for jobs. Apart from LinkedIn, you can also try other social media sites and apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Reddit to search for jobs.
Find the Best WFH Mom Jobs in the Philippines Now
Hopefully, this post helped illustrate some of the best work-from-home jobs in the Philippines. You now know what some of these jobs are and where you can find them. So, when you’re ready to get started, head over to GrabJobs to find the stay-at-home mom job you’re looking for.