WE BRING ENERGY TO THE WORLD. BRING YOUR ENERGY AND PASSION TO TEEKAY.
Teekay is an $11 billion global market leader, one of the world’s largest marine energy transportation, storage and production companies with transnational operations across its core businesses, including liquefied natural gas (LNG), crude oil shipping and offshore oil and gas production and logistics operations. We have 45 years of successful business growth and service to the world's biggest companies. We expect more in the future.
We’re looking for our next Purchasing Specialist
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for handling of material orders requirements for a designated group of vessels.
- Treat safety and environmental compliance as a top priority
- Drive operational leadership.
- Receive and process all vessel requests for consumables and spare parts.
- Ensure that all requisitions received from vessel are handled and acted upon within 24 hours, special attention to be given to urgent requisitions.
- Obtain quotations from approved suppliers and place priced orders with overall most competitive sources, negotiate best possible price and obtain approval from Vessel Manager as required.
- Coordinate service and logistics of landed goods, incl. sourcing suppliers and arrangement of shipments to/from the suppliers.
- Where applicable, utilize Teekay frame agreements as per contract matrix.
- In cooperation with Vessel Manager, decide vessel supply ports and supply strategy to ensure supply in most convenient and economical ports.
- Expedite and follow up on orders with suppliers, ensuring that the stipulated delivery times are met and, if/when missed are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all items are supplied to the vessel with the required certificates and documentation.
- Provide frequent updates on backorders to vessel and Vessel Manager.
- Maintain and develop good professional relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance and provide feedback to Purchasing Lead.
- Plan- and arrange shipments of spare parts to vessel as required.
- Consolidate orders in order to minimize transportation and handling cost.
- Use contracted freight forwarder’s system for tracking and order consolidation.
- Check contracted freight forwarder’s system daily for any incoming orders, and update in purchasing system.
- Notify the vessel and the Vessel Manager of all orders that have been arranged for the upcoming port call.
- Ensure that all invoices are in agreement with the established terms and conditions.
- Review and resolve any arising disputes with suppliers concerning price/quality delivered, before invoice is paid.
- Regularly review commitment/invoice aging reports and take appropriate action.
- Upon request, participate in budget and quarter-end preparations
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner.
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to a changing environment.
- Knowledge of vessel operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and experience from purchasing, and preferably experience from NS5 PMS System.
Additional InformationAt Teekay you will find an engaged workplace alongside 8,000 professionals across the globe. Within all this wonderful diversity, this is what brings us together:
- We live by our #TeekaySPIRIT values - they always guide our actions, no compromises.
- People who are committed to excellence, developing their professional experience as they deliver organizational outcomes
- An open collaborative workplace where you can have immediate impact
- A workplace where everyone is a leader
- Challenging work in a dynamic environment
- A competitive total compensation package including extended health benefits, pension, short-term incentive awards, flexible spending allowance, overtime.
More about Teekay in Manila
The Manila office is a key manning hub for all the Teekay fleets and provides business corporate support including accounting, finance, procurement, human resources and information technology.
Do you have #TeekaySPIRIT?
Check out www.lifeatteekay.com to learn more about who we are, where we’ve come from and what it’s like to be part of the Teekay family.
Join us aboard - apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Emma The Sleep Company
Prime Manpower Resources Development Inc
Newcmp Industrial Builder