The Director, Supply Chain manages and has direct accountability for all procurement-related activities, warehousing, and logistics for Melco Resorts & Entertainment. The Director, Supply Chain-Philippines has high visibility within the organization and must provide strong strategic leadership in developing and implementing strategies to achieve cost savings whilst delivering the desired quality and service
The Director, Supply Chain manages and has direct accountability for all procurement-related activities, warehousing, and logistics for Melco Resorts & Entertainment. The Director, Supply Chain-Philippines has high visibility within the organization and must provide strong strategic leadership in developing and implementing strategies to achieve cost savings whilst delivering the desired quality and service level.
Continuously improves and re-evaluates sourcing activities of the categories, develop a strategic partnership with highly capable suppliers, and represent the company in all dealings and negotiation with the suppliers.
Assess category spending, evaluate supply market, conduct total cost analysis, identify suitable sourcing option, negotiate with the suppliers (products, service level, price, geographical coverage, payment term, lead time, etc.), track result, and assess the suppliers’ performance according to Melco company standard and requirement.
- Experience with setting up Supply Chain off-site support function- i.e. call center model
- Lead key activities to sourcing products from global suppliers.
- Work cross-functionally with other business units to ensure proper support for the business.
- Lead negotiations and fully execute contractual arrangements with suppliers
- Experience in moving a country led supply chain to a Global Supply Chain transformation
- Move the Supply Chain function from a tactical REQ to PO focused operation to a strategic value add operation.
- Implement best practices in areas such as strategic sourcing, vendor selection, negotiation, value chain analysis, requisition to pay process, and supply consolidation and rationalization.
- Develop and execute supply chain strategies for each significant commodity group to optimize the total cost of goods and services including warehousing costs whilst maintaining the desired quality level and ensuring 100% in time delivery.
- Proactively and regularly monitor spend by commodity group and by the vendor and identify opportunities & strategies for cost reduction.
- Provide leadership to the Supply Chain team and increase the level of procurement technical skills and commercial understanding of the procurement team.
- Develop annual procurement plans with business department heads to drive cost efficiencies and maintain ongoing effective communication to achieve objectives.
- Ensure direct involvement and supervision of procurement activities for major spending projects and goods and services.
- Ensure appropriate analysis and negotiation are undertaken for the procurement of all significant goods and services e.g. ensure that there is an understanding of what cost the Company should pay by estimating the vendor's cost to deliver the requirements in a service contract.
- Ensure subordinates and business units compliance with Supply Chain Policies and Procedures and related company policies including the Code of Ethics and FCPA. In doing so, ensure all goods and services are procured through Supply Chain, other than those specifically exempted in the Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor utilization of onsite warehouses to ensure goods that will not be reutilized are not stored and that the cost of storage does not outweigh the cost of re-purchase.
- Liaise with the Financial Reporting and Analysis team to develop monthly procurement reports
- Establish and maintain effective KPI reporting to monitor the effectiveness of the Supply Chain.
- Participate in the change process, global transformation initiative, new global supply chain system rollout.
Process Improvement and cost-saving activities
- Identify items that can be standardized for Melco to leverage on volume purchases and generate cost-saving.
- Continuously search for new products, technologies, or methods for potential savings.
- Track and quantify cost savings and other benefits to be communicated back to senior management.
- Continuously conduct a process improvement program to optimize work/process efficiencies.
- Internal Communication:
- Directors and VPs
- Other Business Units
- External Communication:
- Service Providers
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Global Transformation key player
- Implementation of the new “call center” format to support the global organization
- Implementation of the new Procurement System
- Cost Savings Initiatives
- Product sourcing promptly
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and meeting deadlines are all required skills.
- Compliance with P&P- Open PRs monitoring, for both online and offline PRs.
- Reporting of supplier performance metrics
Education and Experience
- Procurement experience in a role with responsibility for a wide range of commodity groups and items, short shelf life items, and a high volume of daily purchase requisitions is an advantage.
- Extensive sourcing experience in Asia is an advantage.
- Global procurement experience or experience in a shared service environment an advantage.
- Experience in recruiting and developing a large Supply Chain team
- Demonstrate strong strategic thinking, negotiation, analytical, and coordination skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited data exists.
- Nimble - Flexible and responsive to change
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams through new business processes
- Strong analytical skill, with a keen understanding of relevant cost drivers
- Experience forecasting in a consumer products environment
- Good understanding of hotel operation and Casino business
- Hotel Food and beverage background is a plus
- Experience with Birchstreet is a plus.
- Diversified background with significant exposure to Supply Chain management and strategic sourcing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain. MBA is preferred
- At least 15 years’ experience in a supply chain with 5 or more years’ experience in a management role.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications are desirable.
- Recognized professional accreditation, CPM, or CPSM is desirable.
Skills / Competencies
Core - Level
Passion for excellence 4
Customer orientation 4
Drive for results 4
Developing self and others 4
Leadership - Level
Business savvy 5
Motivating & inspiring others 4
Coaching & giving feedback 5
Continuous Process Improvement 5
Leveraging diversity 5
Leading the change 4
Strategic thinking 5
Problem-solving & Decision making 4
Fostering teamwork 4
Functional - Level
Sourcing and purchasing 5
Tax knowledge 1
Accounting system 1
MS Office (MS Excel) 4
- High personal ethical standards
- Strong commercial acumen and highly developed analytical skills
- Able to effectively encourage people to work as a team and able to re-design processes to ensure integrity and control.
- Be willing to roll-up their sleeves and get deeply involved in the team including purchasing, warehousing (which is outsourced), contracting, and material management
- Think strategically about how to approach the procurement process and ensure that we are negotiating for the best product at the best price but also ensuring consistency and ability to deliver timely every time
- Ability to develop a procurement function that is seen as a value-adding business partner
- A self-motivated, results-oriented hands-on leader
- English language skills are desired
- Display a high commitment to maintaining excellent internal customer service.
- Ability to act as a change agent and motivate others to achieve business objectives and common goals.
- High level of motivation and energy with the flexibility to adapt and implement new approaches and practices to meet changing circumstances and business needs.
- Clearly understand the strategic vision of the Company and how it impacts on the Business Unit/function.
- Anticipate and assess issues, risks, or opportunities facing the Company and applies effective and creative solutions.
- Achieve agreed objectives and accept accountability for results.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Financial understanding.
- Constructive relationships are built with team members, customers, and suppliers.
- Adheres to and supports the company’s vision and values.
- Achieves agreed on objectives and accepts accountability for results.