About the role
- Develop Basis of Design for topsides Electrical systems including interfaces and tie-ins to the hull and Living Quarters electrical systems
- Carry out Electrical Systems studies (short circuit, load flow, motor starting and harmonics) for topsides using ETAP/SKM power tools software and produce reports.
- Develop specification for E-House including all Electrical equipment such as LV switchgear, MV switch gear, UPS, Battery Chargers, Transformers, power distribution boards etc.
- Must have FPSO Hull Experience
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out sizing of electrical cables and voltage drop calculations between the topside modules and E -House as well as Hull Electrical Systems as the case may be.
- Develop comprehensive load list for topsides modules including the loads for hull systems if any to be fed from the topsides.
- Develop specifications and data sheets for topsides power generators such as gas turbine, crude oil generators etc.
- Design lightning and grounding system design for the topsides modules and their interfaces with the hull.
- Interact with hull electrical design team for all tie-ins and interfaces between topsides and hull systems.
- Provide inputs to weight control report
- Provide Electrical inputs to the Mechanical static and Rotating equipment package RFQs/TBEs/Vendor data Reviews
- Interact with Certification/Classification agencies and provide necessary technical clarifications on various drawings and documents
- Minimum 15 years experience in Electrical engineering for Offshore Oil & Gas projects with minimum 5 years experience as Lead Engineer for FEED and Detailed engineering of FPSO topsides modules and FPSO Hull experience
- Thorough knowledge of both IEC and NEC codes for electrical design