Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- This position is for Office of Corporate Communications and Marketing (OCCM).
- Conceptualize and develop marketing strategy at the institutional level with specific accountable KPIs.
- Provide strategic and technical marketing direction and counsel for different business units to ensure constant pipeline of students and participants.
- Able to use analytics and competitive analysis to craft competitive strategies. Use of BIG Data to form predictive analysis is advantageous.
- Use of marketing automation, web analytics and digital tools will be key driver in implementation.
- Understand and translate insights to marketing campaign.
- Build brand clarity and consistency amongst the SMU community.
- Lead and motivate external agencies with clear direction to develop leading-edge creative that effectively communicate and elevate the SMU brand.
- Ensure quality of service, value for money and maximize media discounts through group leverage of our collective media spend from media owners.
- Numerically astute in the budget planning process.
- Co-manage the acquisition and lead gen team and provide sound guidance, team management and upskilling where required.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing Advertising & Media, Mass Communications, Business Administration.
- Minimum 8 years of working experience.
- Proficient in digital platform/apps and analytics, Microsoft Applications, Cloud computing & SaaS.
- Experience in marketing automation, web analytics, Google analytics, SEO/SEM and social media tools are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skill (both written and spoken), with good EQ.
- Articulate and persuasive presenter; possess sound judgment and strong professional presence.
- Self-starter with an imaginative mind.
- Strong project management skill with ability to work independently and adept at multi-tasking
- Resourceful and solution driven.
- Highly-motivated, creative and team player.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.