This position reports to the PR & Social Mangers and works closely with the team to service accounts, manage clients, liaise with media and social media influencers for events, projects and campaigns. Mercury PR offers the opportunity to develop creative and effective Marketing, PR and Social campaigns for a diverse range of industries from fashion, beauty, hospitality, F&B to FMCG, tech and sports. This role also trains you to be adaptable, flexible and resourceful, providing you with exposure to multiple industries all at once.
1/ PR & SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, online, broadcasts, newswires, social media and blogs, for clients coverage
- Drafting of press materials including press release, bios, fact sheet etc.
- Pitch stories and features to the media based on approved pitching grid/plan
- Promptly respond to enquiries and liaising with clients and the media
- Ideation, execution and dissemination of press kits
- Help in keeping an accurate inventory of clients’ samples, prepare loan forms, facilitate delivery to media and follow up for sample returns
- Attend, participate and provide support at client events, meetings, media sessions, and brainstorming sessions as required
- Assist in the managing of Social Media campaigns and activities for clients
- Work with social media influencers to curate relevant content to reach clients’ target audience and KPIs
- Assist in the creation, curation and management of all published content (images, video and written) for Mercury Social/Facebook and clients’ social media platforms
- Assist in community management for social media accounts
- Develop and expand community, blogger and influencer outreach efforts
- Compile report for clients, showing results and regular updates (meeting KPIs)
- Prepare/oversee client reports (monitoring, analysing and evaluating media coverage based on agreed metrics)
- Coordinate and facilitate clients’ samples/products for photoshoots, appearance, loans and other PR events
- Develop, research and update media list
- Maintenance of all clients PR files, ensuring that press materials are maintained and kept up-to-date on regular basis
- Prepare out of pocket expenses
- Source for external suppliers and develop client quotation e.g. event venue, photography, catering etc.
Technical Skills and Competencies Trainee will learn during SGUnited Traineeship Programme:
- Active participation in brainstorming, conceptualization, planning process of PR & Social Media Campaigns, starting from developing proposals to eventual execution
- Gain experience with sample management and liaison of press samples
- Gain experience with crafting of press materials, media pitching, and facilitating media events an interviews, media monitoring and media reports.
- Gain experience with crafting of social media brief, reaching out to social media influencers, and campaign reports.
- How to manage, communicate and work with clients, media and social media influencers
- How to manage, communicate and work with 3rd party vendors and suppliers
Duration of Traineeship/s:
Eligibility Criteria for SGUnitedTraineeships:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and
- Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from ITEs, polytechnics, universities, or other educational institutions (e.g. private universities and overseas institutions); or
- Graduated earlier from above institutions and completed National Service in 2019 or 2020.