Leidos is seeking an ADPE Technician Senior in Kuwait to support Operation, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications (OMDAC), which supports the Army Operational Base Communications Information Systems and infrastructure in support of USCENTCOM forces. The ADPE Technician Senior is able to perform all tasks employing agency-specific or unique hardware and software in both classified and unclassified network environments and ensure those tasks are accomplished to ITIL-compliant standards.
- Maintain and provide repairs to hardware, to include installing, de-installing and relocating system components and PCs (this does not include moving systems from site to site or de-commission system, this would be a Government Program Managers responsibility).
- Responsible for all routers, exchange servers, hubs and data switches to include routine preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on a monthly schedule.
- Maintain authorization records for all system components and PC systems operating on Government networks.
- Develop and submit recommended bench stock levels for automation equipment to the COR.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting, and requesting bench stock item replacements in order to maintain sufficient stock levels (all requisitions must be approved by the COR/KO).
- Maintain the system’s Prescribed Load List (PLL) IAW the bench stock model.
- Install Government-furnished communications software packages on the user PCs, and configure the PC and network to allow proper user access to the system.
- Provide maintenance for information system components and, when a component fails, the Contractor shall replace it with a PLL part and turn in the defective component to the DSST or TLSF Warehouse who turn it in for repair.
- Ensure system stability through the use of DOD-approved, Government-furnished, anti-virus software in server systems and maintain current versions of the security products available from the Army Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Secret security clearance required.
- Associate Degree or equivalent training and at least 6 years of related experience; and experience in providing the following skills and services: maintaining and providing repairs to hardware, including installing, uninstalling, and relocating system components and PCs.
- Experience with routers, exchange servers, hubs and data switches, including routine, monthly preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCSs).
- Experience in maintaining accreditation records for all system components and PC systems operating on Government networks.
- Experience in developing and submitting recommended bench stock levels for automation equipment.
- Experience in monitoring, reporting, and requesting bench stock item replacements in order to maintain sufficient stock levels.
- Trained and has experience in maintaining the system’s PLL IAW the bench stock model.
- Can install Government-furnished communications software packages on the user PCs, and configure the PC and network to allow proper user access to the system.
- Can maintain information system components and when a component fails, replace it with a PLL part and turn in the defective component to the DSST or TLSF Warehouse, which turns it in for repair.
- May be called upon to serve as a Site Lead Technician, and has at least 6 months of supervisory experience.
Skill Set Certification(s):
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.