The Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur is looking for top talent to join the team.
About Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur
The Golden Triangle neighborhood, Kuala Lumpur’s thriving business and financial district, will soon see the opening of the new Four Seasons Hotel and Residences. The Hotel is part of a 65-storey mixed-use tower that will include 242 Four Seasons Private Residences, 27 serviced apartments, a 209-key Four Seasons Hotel and a six- floor
The Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur is looking for top talent to join the team.
About Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur
The Golden Triangle neighborhood, Kuala Lumpur’s thriving business and financial district, will soon see the opening of the new Four Seasons Hotel and Residences. The Hotel is part of a 65-storey mixed-use tower that will include 242 Four Seasons Private Residences, 27 serviced apartments, a 209-key Four Seasons Hotel and a six- floor of 250,000 square foot luxury retail podium, collectively known as Four Seasons Place Kuala Lumpur.
The latest addition to the city’s dramatic skyline and a vibrant hub for both business and leisure travelers, Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur will be conveniently located in close proximity to the city’s major attractions, including the Petronas Twin Towers and the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC). Often referred to as a “city within a city,” the KLCC will offer designer shopping, fine dining, and the best of the city’s electric nightlife. The Hotel will also overlook the KLCC Park and be directly connected to the esplanade, allowing guests to take full advantage of the Park’s 50 acres of green space, including lush gardens, fountains, waterfalls, a wading pool, and jogging track.
An exciting addition to Kuala Lumpur’s culinary scene, the Hotel will introduce several unique dining outlets to the city, including a Cantonese restaurant, lobby and rooftop pool bars, and an all-day dining restaurant with sweeping views of the Petronas Twin Towers.
The Hotel will also offer an executive lounge for business travelers, a serene spa, wellness-focused fitness centre and rooftop infinity pool offering panoramic views of Kuala Lumpur’s endless skyline. Lush landscaping around the rooftop pool and terrace will create an urban oasis, echoing the greenery of the KLCC Park below.
Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur will offer both international and regional travelers an urban complement to the existing Four Seasons Resort in Malaysia, the award-winning Four Seasons Resort Langkawi.
About Four Seasons
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized service. Currently operating 105 hotels and private residences in major city centers and resort destination in 43 countries, and with more than 60 projects in development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards.
Assistant Director of Finance
The Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur is looking for an Assistant Director of Finance. Candidates with a passion for excellence, expertise in Finance and proven leadership experience are invited to apply for a career with Four Seasons. As a member of the Finance team, the Assistant Director of Finance, works across the different disciplines to deliver an exceptional experience and provide leadership.
- People Functions
- Plan, organize, lead and control different projects and activities within the finance team.
- Identify coaching moments and ensure that those moments become opportunities of learning and development for the Finance team.
- Establish a rapport with the Finance team and other divisions within the hotel.
- Have a global working perspective and excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Great understanding of Self-Esteem and Self-Actualization of Team and ensure proper support and help is provided whenever needed.
- Have the ability to supervise the day-to-day duties of the Finance team and assist as necessary.
- Hold monthly department meetings with Accounting Staff to ensure communication and address any issues that are affecting the team.
- Participate in and develop staff training programs in order to minimize staff turnover and maintain high morale. Particular emphasis should be given to those individuals qualifying for future advancement.
- Supervise, train and motivate department staff to thoroughly understand all of their duties and responsibilities.
- Meet with the Director of Finance on a regular basis to communicate all accounting activities and results of the Accounting office meeting or any other related issues.
- Actively network within the community to attract potential candidates for recruitment purposes.
- Prepare reviews and development plans and take appropriate personnel-related action (i.e. hire, commend, discipline, evaluate, etc.) with Accounting staff as required.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
- Thoroughly understand and possess a working knowledge of the Accounting & Finance Manual
- Excellent understanding of Month-End Process including, but not limited to, preparation of financial statements, accruals and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals.
- Great attention to detail along with a continuous innovation of daily working of the Finance team under the direction of the Director of Finance.
- Coordinate, observe and prepare all operating equipment and supply inventories in accordance with corporate policies and as directed by the Director of Finance.
- Prepare Daily Cash Position report and maintain the highest level of investment of excess funds in accordance with corporate guidelines as prescribed in the Accounting & Finance Manual.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Excellent understanding of the current Edition of USALI.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of all local, state and federal tax returns and other reporting (including 80-20 rule reporting) on a timely basis.
- Ensure rent expense is calculated accurately per the terms of the Management Agreement, Leasehold Agreement or Easement Agreement and that payments are made or the outstanding liability for the rent accrual exists and is accurate.
- Ensure the outstanding liability for all revenue/profit related fees (i.e. Management Fees, Incentive Fees, Marketing Fees, Advertising Fees, Royalty Fees) is accurate and complies with the respective Management Agreement(s).
- Ensure electronic payments have the signatory of a member of Group B on each individual page and the initials of a member of Group A and both members of Group A and B sign the Batch Total of the payment run.
- Ensure strict access controls over unused cheques to prevent improper or unauthorized use of the documents and ensure there is segregation of duties in place to safeguard the writing and voiding of negotiable bank cheques.
- Ensure accurate exchange rates in Financial Reporting are applied to the local currency (where applicable) and valued in the currency stipulated in the Management Agreement.
- Ensure post-departure credit card credit allowances are performed only by accounting and all such allowances are reviewed and signed per the SR-5 by Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance and all “Unmatched Credits” reports provided by credit card processing company are reviewed/scrutinized by DOF monthly and retained by the Director of Finance.
- Approve all journal entries with supporting documentation (as appropriate) and ensure all non-standard, non-recurring entries are countersigned by Director of Finance.
- Ensure the system is set up to prevent month end closing without all journal entries being posted, updated or otherwise entered into the General Ledger.
- Ensure that monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts are prepared and all bank reconciliations are countersigned by Director of Finance on a monthly and on a quarterly basis; Director of Finance approves all reconciliations paying special attention to reconciling items.
- Coordinate and facilitate external and internal audits.
- As required, have a working knowledge of residential (or other entity) accounting procedures and how it affects the hotel’s financials.
- Continuously strive for improvement of processes and efficiency.
- Monitor and control expenses of the hotel paying special attention to the daily reporting done by the auditor of the hotel and addressing issues that not only have material effect, but also effect the guest experience.
- Ensure that House Funds and Floats Counts are up to date and limit any kind of exposure that would affect the profitability.
- Assist the Director of Finance in Forecasting/Budgeting
- Ensure gains/losses on the sale/disposal of fixed assets are properly disclosed and recorded on the Statement of Changes in financial position (SR-25 where applicable) and on the P&L statement.
- For locations that maintain full balance sheets including fixed assets, ensure accumulated depreciation accounts are accurate and properly recorded.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Proven leadership skills in a Hotel/Resort environment
- Highest level of integrity and transparency
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams; negotiate for resources and influence stakeholders and to gain acceptance of and commitment to plans, ideas, initiatives, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver reports, effective presentations and to facilitate meetings
- Promote a continuous learning environment that creates an atmosphere for professional development opportunities
- Apply an ethical approach to influence the outcome of situations
- Serve as a role model for others by demonstrating appropriate business conduct and ethical principles
- Continuously seek to improve/develop the performance of others and continuously strive to improve his/her own performance
- Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Require a working technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, Four Seasons Internal Controls, Policies and Procedures and job knowledge of all positions in Accounting, Purchasing and Food & Beverage control. Working knowledge is generally learned on the job or through a series of professional certifications.
- Require knowledge of and the ability to operate computer equipment and excellent Excel and computer skills. Sun, iScala and Opera Systems knowledge would be ideal and greatly valued.
- Strategic, analytical and have solid business acumen.
Candidates must have a firm knowledge of the local law and speak Bahasa Malaysia as well as being fluent in English. Must have the right to work in Malaysia.
Join Our Team
Join a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, creativity and a commitment to the highest quality of service. Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur provides guests with a haven of serenity and luxury in a bustling city. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
What to expect: You will……
Be a champion of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to learn, grow and develop
Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
Derive a sense of pride in work well done
Be recognized for excellence