DKSH is the leading Market Expansion Services Group with a focus on Asia. DKSH helps other companies and brands to actively grow their business in new or existing markets. Publicly listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange since March 2012, DKSH is a global company headquartered in Zurich. With 770 business locations in 36 countries – 740 of them in Asia – and 28,300 specialized staff, DKSH generated net sales of CHF 10.1 billion in 2015. The company offers a tailor-made, integrated
DKSH is the leading Market Expansion Services Group with a focus on Asia. DKSH helps other companies and brands to actively grow their business in new or existing markets. Publicly listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange since March 2012, DKSH is a global company headquartered in Zurich. With 770 business locations in 36 countries – 740 of them in Asia – and 28,300 specialized staff, DKSH generated net sales of CHF 10.1 billion in 2015. The company offers a tailor-made, integrated portfolio of sourcing, marketing, sales, distribution, and after-sales services. It provides business partners with expertise as well as on-the-ground logistics based on a comprehensive network of unique size and depth.Job ResponsibilitiesGeneral responsibilities:
- Manage departmental operating budgets and costs according to annual allocation to ensure efficient usage of resources, where applicable
- Develop and implement short- and long-term sales strategies and plans (e.g. plan sales routes, new customer generation, etc.) to achieve sales targets for assigned businesses/territories
- Assign geographical sales territories and establish budgets. Monitor the team's key performance indicator achievements.
- Conduct regular reviews to provide feedback on performance gaps and requirements for improvement
- Manage and monitor progress of sales activities, including market hygiene versus client budget and store call cycles.
- Implement customized solutions based on changing markets and trends
- Monitor costs and provide inputs on proper pricing and contract terms to achieve targeted margins. Assist in negotiations and deal-closing
- Identify product gaps and improvement opportunities based on lost sales data, customer feedback, etc.
- Manage reporting of sales and projected sales/margin forecasts.
- Propose areas for customer base expansion based on market knowledge
- Manage continuous improvement on sales processes, sales plans, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Analyze collection trends and suggest solutions for prompt payments
- Manage customer issue resolutions and recommend preventive actions to minimize future incidents
- Develop and build relationships with customers to achieve business objectives
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to better understand client requirements and to leverage cross-product/industry business opportunities
- Manage and oversee team’s delivery of team/function goals to drive execution against goals set
- Drive and manage learning and development of team in the area of Field Sales and DKSH behavior to achieve team/function goals
- Drive self-learning and improvement in the area of Field Sales and DKSH behavior as part of continuous learningJob RequirementsFunctional skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of the industry/market/competitors/customers
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and a proven sales track record in assigned territories/products/services and an existing network of contacts
- Demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate advanced research and analytical skills
- Demonstrate proficiencies in office productivity tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate fluency in English (both written and spoken)
Degree or professional qualification in Business Studies/Marketing/Economics or a related discipline
Minimum three to five years’ experience in a similar role
Minimum two to three years’ experience in a managerial capacity