2020 marked a pivotal moment in recruitment trends. Remote work and fully online processes have increasingly become the norm. This has forced HR departments to rapidly adopt automated recruitment processes to improve the candidate experience, and made moving as much of the recruitment process as possible online absolutely necessary.
Employers are now open to hiring the best talent from anywhere in the world with the switch to remote work. Similarly, the best candidates are carefully watching how employers cope with the changes brought about by the pandemic. They are paying close attention to employer branding as they consider their next moves.
Though many HR departments were making strides in these areas before this year, 2021 will bring even more of these recruitment trends. As businesses work to survive by cutting costs and attracting top talent from a global applicant pool for new hires, effectively addressing these trends will be increasingly imperative.
In summary, to stay ahead of recruitment trends in 2021, focus on the following:
- Automate the recruitment process as much as you can. Move your interviews and career fairs online to reach the widest audience. Once you’ve hired new employees, save time with digital contract signing and by automating your candidate onboarding processes.
- Rely on technology to sift through qualified candidates and manage the process. Doing this saves man-hours, which translates into significant savings.
- Source highly-qualified candidates internationally using global job portals like GrabJobs.
- Use interview chatbots and CRM systems to engage with potential hires and improve the candidate experience. This will enable you to attract and keep the best talent.
- Focus your employer branding message on adaptability and resilience. Your reputation, how you’ve managed change in the face of this pandemic, and how well your current staff has been cared for will be top of mind for new recruits.