The Quality Assurance Analyst receives continuing training on the Baylis Quality Management System. They are familiar with basic quality assurance techniques (investigational, statistical and analytical) which they use to perform investigations, analyze data and recommend improvements to quality processes within the scope of their work. They are becoming familiar with ISO 13485 and other governmental requirements for the quality system and can
The Quality Assurance Analyst receives continuing training on the Baylis Quality Management System. They are familiar with basic quality assurance techniques (investigational, statistical and analytical) which they use to perform investigations, analyze data and recommend improvements to quality processes within the scope of their work. They are becoming familiar with ISO 13485 and other governmental requirements for the quality system and can support changes and improvements.
Snapshot of Responsibilities:
- Initiate, coordinate and analyze (e.g. Root cause analysis, trending, control charting, gap analysis) data and reports using statistical techniques; Analyze and interpret standards and regulations and makes recommendations for changes based on requirements and specifications
- Develop and implements training modules
- Responsible for a quality function such as complaints, feedback, service or general discrepancies (as assigned)
- Participate in Internal audits as an auditor; Participates in Supplier audits as an auditor
- Direct quality improvement projects and quality investigations (as assigned)
- Comply with the Health & Safety policies of the company and inform management of unsafe working conditions
- Other duties as required
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's Degree required as well as a post graduate education in quality assurance
- 3-5 years quality assurance experience in medical device, pharma, aerospace or automotive industries required
- Previous experience with non-conformance reports, corrective and preventative action reports and handling complaints required
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (presentation, written and oral)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated competence in ISO 13485 and ISO 19011
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management
- Possible need to travel to visit suppliers
What we have to offer:
- Smart commute options including complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station, and subsidized transit program.
- Flexible working hours that complement core business hours.
- One day off for volunteering, to give back to a charitable organization of your choice.
- Purposeful work that drives career development, with opportunities to learn and grow by way of on-site training, workshops, and lunch and learn sessions.
- Comprehensive total rewards package, including tuition reimbursement and lifestyle and health spending account.
- Well-being initiatives, including onsite gym facility and fitness classes (yoga and boot camp).
- Employee-friendly work environment, with opportunity to participate in employee-led clubs, organized sports teams, video games, foosball, ping pong, etc.
At Baylis Medical, everyone works with a shared purpose: to improve the lives of people around the world. Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we are a rapidly growing leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of cardiology. Our focus is on providing physicians clinically-relevant tools, so that no patient goes untreated.
We are looking for talented individuals, like yourself, to join Baylis Medical and make an impact in the lives of patients. Are you ready to join us?
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Want an inside look at careers and life at Baylis? View employee profiles on The Muse and follow us on Instagram @Baylismedical